Banzai is the leading enterprise event marketing platform, used by over 160 companies to improve ROI and quality of their event audiences. We are a profitable, bootstrapped startup in downtown Seattle looking for a VP of Marketing to join our team.
You will report directly to the CEO and will work as part of the leadership team to create and execute a marketing strategy to build Banzai’s brand. You’ll also support Banzai’s sales and customer success organizations to acquire new customers and deepen existing customer relationships.
We are looking for a hands-on leader who can execute while also leading and mentoring a team, and who can grow with Banzai as we scale up.
- Work with CEO and marketing team to develop a compelling, attainable marketing vision.
- Partner with sales to acquire new leads and nurture them into sales opportunities by building a measurable, scalable lead generation process.
- Partner with customer success to support account expansion and retention by adding value through expert content and developing executive relationships.
- Lead team of 2-3, developing strategy, establishing goals, tracking KPIs and maintaining team performance.
- Develop innovative campaigns that acquire leads and customers to support the growth of the business.
- Develop and own market size, competitive analysis, go-to-market strategy, product positioning, messaging, and brand guidelines.
- Elevate Banzai in the marketplace by partnering with customers to tell their stories in a way that highlights their joint success with Banzai.
- Develop and own marketing ops best practices including tech-stack rationalization, vendor and budget management, reporting and dashboarding, lead routing, and additional supporting tools, technologies, and processes.
- Establish Banzai as a thought leader in the event marketing industry through effective PR, webinars, conferences, speaking opportunities, partnerships, and content.
- Develop messaging, competitive positioning, market sizing, ideal customer profile, and go to market strategy for any new product lines.
- Partner with product management to provide insight and market trends to benefit product vision and roadmap
- Manage internal communications as needed.
- 10 years of marketing experience, with specific experience in demand generation or lead acquisition and nurture.
- Proven track record of building scalable marketing programs with strong ROI.
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Experience leading marketing team of 15-20 people and $5M+ annual budgets.
- Ability to partner deeply with sales and customer success organizations to understand their needs / goals, and support their success.
- Hands-on knowledge of current marketing tools and ability to self-serve on tools such as Salesforce, HubSpot, On24, LinkedIn Ads, Google Adwords, Google Analytics, etc.
- Entrepreneurial thinker with the ability to develop new products and markets and approach new problems systematically.
- Ability to initially develop a strategy rationalized across sales and customer success AND to execute that strategy with limited support resources.
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental insurance fully covered
- 401(k) with generous match
- Equity in a fast-growing, bootstrapped company
- 6 weeks of paid parental leave per child
- $1,000 per year for professional development
- Remote-friendly: most of the company is remote and our Seattle-based team works from home as desired
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit banzai.workable.com.