ABC Entertainment Group develops and produces compelling programming for broadcast on ABC in addition to other television and digital platforms. ABC Entertainment Marketing is responsible for the promotion of all network primetime, daytime, and late night entertainment programming, including on-air creative, digital marketing, partnerships and events, and outdoor/print advertising.
ABC’s viewing experience is enhanced through a variety of innovative and award-winning digital entertainment platforms, including a full-episode player on ABC.com and an iPad app, and extends to more than 1,000 platform partners worldwide via Disney Media Distribution. The team also works to further corporate priorities and Disney – ABC Television Group business initiatives through managing ongoing relationships both internally across the network and externally with third party brands, corporate partners, distribution partners, studios, affiliates, etc.
The Entertainment Marketing intern will be responsible for supporting all team members with a variety of projects as needed to help maximize promotional opportunities for the network. On this team, you’ll observe, participate and contribute to a wide range of marketing strategies and tactics that serve to drive awareness around key programming. This is a very fast paced, hands-on creative experience. The ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail is a must.
A day in the life…
include but are not limited to:
• Attending department meetings and brainstorms
• Watching shows and writing copy for social media posts
• Analyzing social media data
• Brainstorming ideas for digital marketing executions
• Creating and handling digital marketing assets
Partnerships & Synergy:
• Contribute to the development and execution of promotional campaigns with strategically-selected consumer brands including partner identification, competitive research, concept development, contact sheet management, pitch deck development, and recap decks/wrap reports
• Assemble marketing toolkits for key priorities and distribute to partners as needed (cable affiliates, non-profits, etc.)
• Contribute to the development and execution of large-scale live events (CMA Fest, Comic-Con, D23, etc.), screenings, and other experiential marketing initiatives and stunts
• Assist with management of content partnerships by identifying key spots and episodes, securing music clearances and approvals, submitting production orders and coordinating deliveries
• Assist with the development of promotional premium items for events, gifting and stunts
What you bring to the role…
• Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
• Proven skills utilizing MS Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Proficiencies with both MAC and PC Operating Systems
• Previous internship experience within a related field
• Strong social media and marketing skills, very familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and YouTube
• A strong interest in television, the entertainment industry, digital marketing, and partnerships/event marketing
• A demonstrated high attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast pace environment
• Proven strong organizational skills
• Problem solver with positive, can do attitude
• Junior or Senior-level standing, or a recent graduate within 6 months of graduation date
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop
• Event planning and/or experience facilitating partnerships between brands and organization
• All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
• All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
• All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months – OR – be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
• Work is not remote; it is in-office.
• All candidates must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session.
• All candidates must be able to work in the Burbank office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
• All candidates must be available from January 2020 – May 2020
• All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world’s most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you’ve got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.entertainmentcareers.net.