As a member of the Digital Engagement Content Marketing and Optimization team, this role is accountable to targets of 1) fundraising revenue and 2) Volunteer recruitment. This team is held accountable to leading KPIs related to Organic, Direct, and Referral traffic, conversions, and revenue. This role reports to the Senior Director, Content Marketing and Optimization.
This role is a member of a team focused on 4 key responsibilities, in support of Fundraising and Humanitarian Services lines of business:
1) Develop and execute Digital Marketing content that meets measured excellent quality and service standards. ?
2) Drive results against targets by contributing subject matter expertise in the various areas of Digital Marketing, particularly content strategy and marketing, as well as provide data-driven insights/practices to clients.
3) Interface with stakeholders to strategize and build specialized content requests.
4) Collaborate with the broader content and digital team to develop content tests to optimize website performance against leading KPIs.
- Maintains national Fundraising and Humanitarian Services content on RedCross.org using Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), serving as the main point of contact and subject matter expert with stakeholders from Fundraising, Disaster Cycle Services (DCS), Service to the Armed Forces (SAF) and Volunteer Services Lines of Business. This may include minor updates to existing pages or creating new pages / sections.
- Creates new landing pages to support digital marketing and direct mail campaigns
- Creates and updates donation campaign pages
- Serves as main Point of Contact for RCO content initiatives for national campaigns such as Holiday, Giving Day, Giving Tuesday, and Sound the Alarm, creating pages as well as developing A/B testing approaches.
- Serves as content lead for national RCO content updates during Grey Sky (disaster events)
- Partners with Senior Director to develop monthly RCO Home Page promotion plan and collaborates with Marketing team on execution. Shares plan with Regional Digital marketing associates and supports execution on regional sites.
- Serves as team lead for national content testing and partners closely with Marketing team to execute tests.
- Collaborates with Brand Marketing team to source photos and graphic assets such as iconography. May partner with them to create new graphic assets when needed.
- Delegates activity and directs agency partner, content contractor and freelance content consultant as needed.
- Tracks content performance based on KPIs and proactively recommends optimization opportunities.
- Supports Senior Director with special content projects and initiatives.
- Creates and manages project plans for large projects.
Education: 4-year college degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Experience: Minimum 7-10 years required Content management / Digital marketing experience
- Knowledge and experience with content management systems, taxonomies and authoring.?
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and Slack
- Experience with AEM (Adobe Experience Manager)
- Experience with Adobe Analytics and Photoshop a plus
- Demonstrated experience leading teams
- Experience applying Personas and Customer journeys when creating content experiences a plus
- Experience managing agency relationships desirable
- Account Management experience desirable. ?
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of fundraising programs in a large organization is a plus.
- Experience with the Red Cross is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects is essential.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong interpersonal, liaison, and negotiation skills are required. ?
- Strong initiative and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively on cross functional teams?
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills, including astute attention to detail. ?
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of data and information for internal use.
- Ability to work effectively and persuasively with stakeholders.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated Project Management skills and experience with project management software a plus
- Demonstrates strong commitment and passion for the mission of the American Red Cross. ?
- Ability to work effectively in a remote work environment.
- Physical requirements are those present in normal office environment conditions.
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs. ?
- Willingness to work outside standard established business hours, are required. ?
- Customer Focused ?
- Interpersonal Savvy ?
- Written and Oral Communications ?
- Dealing with Ambiguity / Learning on the Fly ?
- Priority Setting ?
- Problem Solving ?
- Follow Through ?
- Strategic Agility ?
- Process Management and Planning ?
- Innovation ?
- Digital Savvy ?
- Data Driven / Analytical
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements
Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential. May include sitting for long periods of time.
Work is performed indoors. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughout chapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster response organization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The American Red Cross is a diverse nonprofit organization offering its employee’s professional development and growth opportunities, a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a collaborative team spirit environment. To be considered for this position, please visit to apply.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit dejobs.org.