Work it! Here at Shake Shack, we take care of each other first and foremost so that we can make raves for our guests, community, suppliers, and investors. After all, teamwork makes the dream work. We work our buns off, but we play hard too, with a Team Appreciation Day, unlimited meal discounts, volunteer opportunities, and so much more. If you’re looking for a deeply fulfilling, financially rewarding, and really fun career, you’re in the right place.
Social Media Manager
We want to put the “social” back in “social media” and use Shake Shack platforms to spark genuine, real-time interactions with current and prospective fans/followers. This means creating timely and relevant content that gets people talking, engaging and staying on top of the trends and topics that matter to the Shake Shack community and knowing when (and when not to) capitalize on cultural moments. The Social Media Manager will work closely with the Social team and across the team and different departments to create and capture content that helps tell the Shake Shack brand story. This collaborative, pop culture and culinary-obsessed person thrives in the fast-paced, hands-on nature of social media.
- Evolve and elevate Shake Shack’s storytelling through timely, engaging campaigns and strategic event coverage in partnership with the Social, Brand, Regional and PR teams.
- Constantly monitor social media channels (with a focus on Twitter) and engage with posts, popular hashtags and join pop culture conversations/moments in a proactive and timely manner to cultivate community, earn street cred from fans/followers and tastemakers and show Shake Shack’s dedication to being culinary, cool and committed.
- Collaborate across the team and different departments to capture in-the-moment content while keeping overall content and social strategy in mind.
- Leverage trending moments on social regularly to drive audience growth and engagement, create brand moments, and keep Shake Shack top of mind.
- Partner with PR team to align on all influencer marketing initiatives to incorporate and elevate content from influencers for Shake Shack owned social and marketing channels.
- Push creative boundaries to generate compelling and on trend content that connects with the Shake Shack community in new ways. Continually test new content types and channels based on industry trends.
Skills & Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism
- Thorough understanding and passion of all things current events, trends, entertainment and pop culture
- An understanding and passion for audience development and growth
- Strong interpersonal skills; experience working across different teams to inform and produce content
- A strong attention to detail in both written and visual contexts and an “always on” sense of urgency
- Highly creative individual with enthusiasm to conceptualize and implement programs that are disruptive while maintain brand elevation
- 2-4+ years of professional experience managing social media channels, preferably for a lifestyle or hospitality brand
- 2-4+ years of professional content creation experience; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Professional experience working with social media management and reporting platforms such as Sprinklr
- Experience writing social creative briefs, ensuring that all teams have the necessary information in order to achieve campaign objectives and KPI’s
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Transit Discount Program
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Paid Time Off Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Dining Program
- Referral Bonus
- Online Training Program
- Career Development
- Corporate Fitness Discount Programs
- Choice of Global Cash Card or Direct Deposit
Beginning as a hot dog cart in New York City’s Madison Square Park, Shake Shack was created by Danny Meyer, Founder and CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group and best-selling author of Setting the Table. Shack Fans lined up daily, making the cart a resounding success, and donating all proceeds back to the park beautification efforts. A permanent stand was eventually built…and the rest is Shack history! With our roots in fine dining and giving back to the community, we are committed to high quality food served with a high level of hospitality. Our team members enjoy a positive work environment that is deeply committed to the philosophy they we “Stand for Something Good.”
Shake Shack is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, age (over 40), disability (mental and physical), sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, medical condition, genetic information, marital, military and veteran status.
Our company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.