Connecting with our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
Are you the kind of person where your creativity shines when problem solving? Or your analytic interests peak when finding new ways to engage and connect with customers across marketing channels? Does your attention to detail ensure flawless execution and a compelling customer experience?
Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building Groupon’s mission is to become the daily habit in local commerce and fulfill our purpose of building strong communities through thriving small businesses by connecting people to a vibrant, global marketplace for local services, experiences and goods. In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers and merchants globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success. If you want to take more ownership of your career, then you’re ready to be part of Groupon.
Our Growth Marketing Team enables every aspect of the customer experience to focus on attracting and engaging customers and maximizing lifetime value at every stage of their journey.
As Senior Marketing Manager, you will be in charge of a small team managing programs in support of the company’s customer growth targets. You will manage a budget, external vendor relationships and several key CRM programs to activate, retain, and reactivate customers through multiple marketing channels. As a successful candidate, you will be proficient in CRM and email campaign programs and management including direct experience with email execution (audience selection, deliverability, template optimization, subject line best practices, list management), email performance metrics, and project management fundamentals. You are also able to multitask and work collaboratively with marketing, merchandising, product development, and other partners. You will drive continued growth, performance, and operational excellence from our key programs and look strategically at the allocation of our budget and resources to recommend new tests, tactics, and approaches to drive step changes in sustainable customer growth.
We’re a “best of both worlds” kind of company. We’re big enough to have resources and scale, but small enough that a single person has a surprising amount of autonomy and can make a meaningful impact. We’re curious, fun, a little intense, and kind of obsessed with helping local businesses thrive. Does that sound like a compelling place to work?
- You will drive strategy and operations in the Growth Marketing team, owning key customer growth programs
- Manage and develop a small team of marketing specialists to drive customer growth
- You will own an annual budget and be responsible for optimal allocation against business goals
- Lead constant campaign optimization of all program components (e.g. email subject lines/templates/content, channel selection, promotional calendar, etc.)
- You will test and optimize promotional structures for specific segments
- You will partner with Product to develop new tool features that enhance email and app delivery and effectiveness; act as the team’s center of excellence for the campaign toolset
- Develop deep understanding of drivers of campaign performance on short and long-term business metrics
- Partner with central and vertical merchandising teams, supply teams, program owners, and external vendors to ensure deployment of various marketing programs
- You will own reporting and forecasting for individual campaigns, overall programs and assist in tracking trends in engagement metrics and financial performance
- Work closely with business analyst and data scientist teams to both further understand the full business impact of programs as well as drive continued personalization of the customer experience to improve performance
- Serve as backup for marketing execution by your team
- 7+ years in database driven marketing, CRM experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business or relevant field of study
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of email best practices and domestic CAN-SPAM laws
- Experience designing and executing A/B/n tests
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change
- Familiarity with key marketing metrics – comfortable leveraging data to drive business decisions
- Collaborative and diplomatic approach to working with internal and external partners
- Highly flexible, ability to handle changing directions/priorities and roles as business needs evolve
- Detail oriented with the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Team player and ability to work effectively with multiple cross-functional groups
- Constantly delivers progress and will not allow the perfect to become the enemy of the good
- Unquenchable curiosity and desire to learn
- Deadline driven with bias towards ruthless prioritization
- Bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial in the truest sense: able to make things happen using resources that either don’t exist or aren’t under your direct control
- Able to see the forest and the trees and not fall victim to just doing what was done before
- Excellent people manager: able to develop and grow a team and help them get the most out of themselves
Groupon’s purpose is to build strong communities through thriving small businesses. To learn more about the world’s largest local ecommerce marketplace, click here for the latest Groupon news. Plus, be sure to check out the values that shape our culture, guide our strategy and make our company a great place to work. And just don’t take our word for it. Hear from real Groupon team members and learn more about our employee resource groups. If all of this sounds like something that’s a great fit for you, then click apply and let’s see where this takes us.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.ziprecruiter.com.