- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience.
- Experience in product marketing.
- Familiarity with NBU consumer and market landscape.
- Demonstrated capability of taking initiative, leadership, breakthrough thinking and functioning in highly dynamic workstream environments.
- Ability to translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications and work with cross functional teams and influence external C levels.
- Start-up mindset and a passion for building new products and businesses.
- Exceptional project management skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, analytical and quantitative skills with ability to work in a multicultural, global environment.
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Next Billion Users (NBU) Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for driving strategy, inspiring internal and external stakeholders, providing market context and insights and making data-driven decisions to launch, grow and shape the future of Google’s products and services in these markets.
In this role, you’ll be working on early stage products and involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end. You will participate in every facet of the product’s journey, from determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications. You will help shape product development and help grow a loyal user base. You will work with a cross-functional team across Business Development, Market Insights, Public Relations, Legal, Product, Engineering and more.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Know the consumer and seek actionable user insights passionately to inform product and marketing strategy. Represent the voice of the user with cross-functional stakeholders and assist with key product and engineering decisions.
- Drive exceptional product marketing strategy with user segmentation, targeting, positioning, naming and go-to-market planning.
- Create high-impact marketing communications and campaigns to launch, drive adoption, increase usage of new products and services from the NBU team.
- Understand key user journeys and drive effective growth marketing efforts through best practices, thought leadership, ongoing experimentation and learning in partnership with Product and Engineering teams.
- Inspire and excite internal and external audiences about the NBU mission. Create moments for external messaging for NBU.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.