Zendesk was started in a Copenhagen loft by three friends who used an old kitchen door as a desk. They wanted to bring a bit of zen to the chaotic world of customer support. And they wanted to do it with software that was nice to look at and easy to use.
Customers love Zendesk and people love working at Zendesk. Founded by three Danish entrepreneurs, Zendesk has experienced remarkable success and growth while maintaining a fun, community-oriented, and down-to-earth culture.
We are looking for a strategic Product Marketer, based in San Francisco, who is excited about the direction Zendesk is headed and wants to join a fast-growing company and team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Product Marketing, this person will help own the competitive positioning, messaging, and strategy for the business and tell this story both internally and externally.
- Be an expert on the products & strategies of vendors in the Customer Support space. Conduct periodic product deep dives and know the competitive feature sets inside and out.
- Train teams on Zendesks competitive position & strategy, including strengths / weaknesses, messaging, and tactics.
- Develop assets (e. g., battlecards, customer stories, white papers) to help our Sales teams excel in competitive deals.
- Support the Sales organization on deal-specific requests. Be the go-to person for deal- & competitor-specific questions.
- Inform Zendesk teams (e. g., Sales, Product, Corporate Development) with periodic updates on competitive developments.
- Assist the launch of new products and features (pricing / packaging, positioning, messaging) by providing recommendations based on the competitive landscape.
- Develop product & technical demos.
- Get out and mingle. Attend industry conferences, meet-ups, and analyst events to keep the pulse on emerging trends and changing needs in the Customer Support space.
- Be a conduit between Product Marketing & other Zendesk teams. Identify gaps in competitive support and develop plans to fill the gaps.
- Curiosity is a must. You are curious about technology products and ecosystems. Business models & strategy excite you.
- Deep knowledge of Customer Support and the technology ecosystem.
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Economics, Business or a related technical field. MBA or other graduate degree a plus.
- 5+ years experience in sales, marketing, and/or product management.
- Strong analytical skills and passion for analyzing products, competitors, and market dynamics. Can quickly synthesize disparate data into a position and craft messaging that connects with a diverse audience of stakeholders; including customers, sales, and executives.
- Exceptional communication & presentation skills. Verbally articulate and skilled at telling a visual story with graphs & data. You can adapt & tell this story to different audiences.
- Has demonstrated an ability to dive into a product and become a champion and promote features, use cases, and value propositions to customers.
- Decisive, agile, and iterative; easily able to shift gears between thinking and doing with a proven ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- An ethos of getting things done. Proactive style with discipline for setting priorities, driving decisions, and getting closure on recommendations and issues.
- Customer-focused with enthusiasm & empathy for genuinely improving how businesses serve and engage people.
- Knowledge and experience in customer buying behavior for software-as-a-service (SaaS) is a strong plus.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www. zendesk. com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit lensa.com.