As the Data Manager on the Advanced Analytics & Data Science team within CRM, you will enable our CRM journey by driving an enterprise-wide data roadmap and institutionalizing data governance standards that allow us to leverage data as a strategic asset and create hyper-personalized and relevant content for our clients. This is a unique opportunity to join a team in its infancy and influence its direction and impact as we invest in Data Science and CRM capabilities to power Sephora’s future growth.
In this role, you will collaborate with Marketing, Merchandising, Loyalty, IT, and Product to create, align on, and drive forward an enterprise-wide data roadmap. To construct the roadmap, you will identify gaps and opportunities, create robust data requirements, establish data design, ensure that standards meet the needs of the business and/or analytics teams, and set best practices on usage of data. You will do this by leveraging your analytics expertise to successfully identify scalable data solutions across business functions.
To drive the roadmap forward, you will institutionalize data governance by leveraging your exceptional communication skills to educate ends users and advocate for best practices. In addition, you will become a thought leader for CRM data models in partnership with our data science and modeling team.
The successful candidate has strong analytic/programming skills, broad experience with complex business analysis, and a passion for all things beauty. In this role, you will be comfortable executing this work independently, as well as supporting and directing junior team members.
The position reports to the Senior Manager of Advanced Analytics & Data Science and has broad exposure, visibility, and impact throughout the organization and will influence the future of data science at Sephora.
- Lead development and execution of the enterprise-wide data roadmap from a business/analytics point of view; make sure that Business/Analytics needs are represented and prioritized accordingly; ensure that implementation meets ongoing requirements
- Identify current inefficiencies in our data and propose scalable improvements that are usable across analytics teams and follow data standards to ensure accuracy, consistency, and quality
- Establish a universal standard, process, and repository of data availability and usage best practices in accordance to governance standards, influencing governance where needed
- Partner with Product and IT teams to implement data improvements and deliver quality data to support marketing use cases and measurement
- Collaborate with marketing activation channel partners to strategically enhance our personalization and targeting capabilities
- Be a source of knowledge on data availability within the data platform(s) and where and how it can be executed against
- Lead bi-weekly analytics office hours to collaborate with Marketing, CRM, and Loyalty partners on upcoming campaigns and educate them on the data/segmentations, tools, and technology available to support their needs
- Conduct ad hoc statistical analysis and data mining to support analytics office hours work and/or partner with data science team
- Lead bi-weekly data office hours educate Analytics team members on data availability and data engineering team members on intended usage of data
- Oversee 1-2 Analysts, ensuring accurate and high-quality output
- Bachelor’s/Master’s in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Analytics, Operations Research, Economics/Econometrics, Engineering or another relevant quantitative field
- Quantitative background with at least 4 years of analytics experience in marketing, finance, and strategy and exposure to building and/or leveraging predictive modeling
- Proficient in SQL and at least one necessary analytics tools (SAS, R, and/or Python) with a willingness to learn additional
- Fast learner who is eager to dive into the data and learn all its intricacies
- Demonstrable professional experience with data mining, analysis, modeling, of large scale, complex data sets
- Exceptional problem solving and analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to articulate findings that are not always straightforward or intuitive
- Intellectual curiosity and willingness to accept feedback
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Master’s degree
- Management and/or mentorship experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive Spark, etc.)
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tool
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.