The ideal candidate is passionate about social media content and is excited to share the story of Major League Soccer with fans. This individual will have a trailblazing, creative spirit and a strong, adaptable voice both on and off social media. The candidate is a strong copywriter and knows their way around the Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and Premiere). They will be able react quickly and tell a compelling story about what’s happening on the field, but also have an eye for captivating moments outside the white lines. This person will work with the social team to ensure that @MLS social media channels entertain, engage, inform and inspire soccer fans everywhere.
- Create and distribute content for MLS social media, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other emerging platforms.
- Work with in-house video and graphics teams to create compelling media content.
- Write engaging, savvy social copy for MLS social media channels as well as other stakeholders.
- Support the production of live content.
- Cover Major League Soccer, international/domestic tournaments, and other important soccer matches on all MLS social media channels.
- Coverage includes, but is not limited to: writing social copy, light editing of graphics/video, creating GIFs, and facilitating live content.
- Explore creative and strategic ways to use existing technologies and pitch ideas for emerging social platforms.
- Coordinate with full MLS Content team on ideation and execution of reactive content.
- Provide feedback on content created by the social media and content teams and continually help to educate creators on social media best-practices.
- Execute social media commitments in conjunction with the Partnership Marketing, Consumer Products and Digital Products teams.
- Plan and activate unique, innovative programming at key league events.
- Manage social media contests, promotions and giveaways.
- On-site coverage of select tentpole events and marquee matches throughout the year.
- Liaise with clubs, players and other stakeholders in the MLS ecosystem for support, best practices, etc.
- Support other league and club digital and communications initiatives as assigned.
- Additional Responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience in social media, communications or marketing
- Ability and willingness to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays. This position will require working most Saturdays and possible Sundays during the MLS season.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere and/or Photoshop), Excel and PowerPoint.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Passionate about providing fans with a great digital experience by listening, interacting and producing innovative content.
- Knowledge of MLS and US Soccer.
- Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail.
- High-level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, team environment.
- Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally.
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or French.
Apply for this job online Apply
Email this job to a friend Refer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit careers-mlssoccer.icims.com.