Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott Internationals franchisees.
Please apply via email at: email@example.com
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, United Capital Corp. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
We have transformed this hotel with a complete renovation
and re-opened as the dazzling Marriott Orlando Downtown, conveniently located
adjacent to the downtown UCF campus and nestled in the future Creative
Village. We are looking for a Director
of Sales and Marketing for our hotel that features 297 redesigned guest rooms
and 15,992 square feet of sophisticated meeting accommodations.
The person we seek will lead strategic direction, management
and top-line revenues, working directly with the General Manager in creating a
clear and credible vision for the hotel. Implement and manage the hotel sales
and marketing plans by recommending growth efforts, monitoring progress, and
ensuring that the hotel is competitively positioned within the local
marketplace. Understands the Orlando Market mix and aligns human resources,
structures and systems to achieve strategic goals and maximize revenues. The Director of Sales and Marketing also
should work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop
strategies to maximize REVPAR and grow market share.
- Work to develop the sales group and groom a high-performing
- Manage hotel plans to ensure they accurately interpret and
support the objectives the business and use these plans to focus the efforts
for all market segments.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to identify and drive
focused activities on elements the business that requires additional support.
- Achieve a Positive Balanced Scorecard for all aspects of
Sales, Marketing, Event Planning and Assisting with Revenue Management.
- Will have an active role in achieving both team and
individual goals on Group Room Nights and Catering Revenue.
- Prepare company contracts for the hotel in accordance with
current business and pricing conditions.
- Develop and send informative press releases to targeted
lists highlighting all activities and promotions.
- Review and approves any special corporate negotiated rates
by signing the CRVG (Company Volume guaranteed rate contract.
- Develop the group team through leadership and by example to
include development; participate in the hiring team members, and their future
success. Direct and manage the forecasting process in conjunction with the
Revenue Department to insure accurate, timely and complete information.
- Compile and/or direct the preparation reports pertaining to
the operation the Department to include, but not limited to the annual and
monthly Forecast, Lead Management System, and Booking Reports.
- Actively participate and complete the preparation the annual
Plan, Quarterly Updates, and the Hotels’ Annual Budgets. Execute initiatives as
outlined; swiftly implement strategies/tactics to offset changes in markets,
economy or driven by the competitive set. Organize and/or attend scheduled
group and related meetings.
- Contribute to the development company initiatives by
recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity.
- Organize comprehensive information describing the range
products and services offered by the hotel and deliver this information through
relevant resources and channels to existing and potential Guests.
- Produce accurate and timely reports that meet the needs the
hotel and the management company.
- Prepare and present, on a monthly basis, the contribution,
focus and activity the proactive team to the hotel owners and senior management
- Cooperate with other departments in the hotel, particularly
Reservations and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional Guest
Experience and build strong, comprehensive programs.
- Makes outside sales calls, conducts site inspections,
entertains clients, and attends tradeshows and sales missions associated with
applicable assigned market segment.
- Actively participates in forecasting, strategy meetings
& discussions and annual budget process.
- Assist property in maximizing use of all company, brand and
local CVB programs.
- Participates in pre-con and post-con meetings at hotel.
- Participates in solving problems with other department as
required related to business booked in the hotel including space conflicts,
threatened cancellations, and compromises between customer needs and hotel
- Determines, communicates, and monitors achievement of
standards of performance on a timely basis.
- Must be flexible in all market segments to maximize
revenues. These include, and are not limited to: Group Sales, Leisure Sales,
Business Travel, and Catering Sales.
- Have prior working experience of the following Marriott
Systems -SFA web, CI/TY, MRDW, MARRFP and other pertinent systems required to
perform the job.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Desired Qualifications
- 5 – 6 Years Sales and Marketing Experience.
- Minimum 3 Years in a Senior Sales and Director of Sales
- Previous Hotel Director of Sales experience desired.
- Local Applicants with Marriott and Orlando Market Experience
- Must have Knowledge of Marriott’s SFA and CI/TY, MRDW and
One Yield Systems.
- Prior Revenue Management Leadership Experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Marriott Orlando Downtown is an equal opportunity employer
committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.