Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The organization is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck’s prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
As part of the Global Oncology Franchise Team, the candidate will have the opportunity to support the rapidly growing Oncology Franchise by helping to realize the full potential of emerging digital technologies and capabilities at Merck. This position reports to the Executive Director, Oncology Digital Strategy and will help set a vision and execute plans to use new digital technology to support our drive to build and maintain leadership in the Oncology market.
Specific job responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborate with Global, Regional, and Market Level Oncology leaders to develop digital transformation plans: network with business leaders in the Franchise to understand business needs and develop customer engagement plans. These collaborations will be used to develop use cases for digital solutions and build cross-functional teams to build out technology, analytics, and content to achieve these solutions.
- Collaborate with Oncology Franchise Leaders on Digital Solutions: Collaborate with Tumor/Disease Leaders to address business issues through the use of novel data, analytics, or content capabilities. Build network with global experts across the company to access capabilities, resources, and expertise to advance the interests of the Franchise.
- Participate in and lead longer-term digital strategy projects: Work cross functionally to identify longer-term trends in technology, data, and analytics that could have future potential to impact our business. Work with organizational leaders to articulate business cases and secure resources to pursue novel digital strategies for future business growth.
- Build and maintain a network of external experts and suppliers: Actively seek and evaluate external partners for opportunities to add value to the Franchise at both Global and Market level. Conduct regular capabilities presentations with existing and new supplier networks. Review market level partnerships and evaluate them for applicability in other markets.
- Develop digital commercial expertise within the Franchise: A portion of time will be dedicated to continuing to build knowledge and expertise at the intersection of healthcare and technology. It is expected that the team brings knowledge into the organization help the Franchise absorb the best the external market has to offer.
- Strategic thinker with passion for designing and implementing strategy.
- Has a demonstrated track record of building, working with, and leading teams.
- Pivots when needed and possesses a positive attitude in a fluid work environment
- Ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrates confidence and humility in ambiguous and challenging situations
- Self-organized and structured, with the ability to define your own tasks
- Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) with the ability to be a thought partner/coach to clients and internal team
- An incredibly passionate, curious and creative problem solver who can look for trends and new technologies to enhance our digital customer experiences
Education Minimum Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent from an accredited university; health economics, medicine, or business preferred
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum 7 years of relevant healthcare experience – corporate management, marketing, advertising and promotion, IT, or management consulting.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Advanced degree
- Oncology or healthcare market experience
- Prior experience working on a large transformational change initiative or project
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.theladders.com.