The Director of Marketing for the Buffalo Sabres/HWNY will be responsible for developing and strengthening of the Sabres brand while supporting revenue-driving functions within the organization. Along with a focus on the Sabres, the position will also guide the Marketing for the Buffalo Bandits of the NLL, (716) Food and Sport, The Draft Room, The Healthy Scratch, and other initiatives as needed.
The Director or Marketing must be someone with experience leading and collaborating with cross functional teams. They will bring a proactive and strategic approach to the position and have a proven track record of working across internal teams in a large organization while driving results against KPIs. Strong communication skills, ability to lead a team, total ownership of all areas of the position, and brand-focused creativity will be critical for success in this role.
- Serve as a leader within the marketing team to develop the skills of direct reports and contribute to a positive culture within the organization.
- Develop marketing campaigns for the Buffalo Sabres including an overall year-long campaign as well as campaigns focused on specific initiatives.
- Guide the development of Buffalo Bandits marketing campaigns and initiatives to maximize revenue and drive additional brand awareness.
- Work with the Marketing Activation group on the execution of marketing plans with an emphasis on ROI.
- Work directly with the Sabres Ticket Office to identify effective ways to maximize ticketing revenue across the Sabres and Bandits.
- Collaborate with Media & Content team to develop creative, innovative content that adheres to brand standards and resonates with a passionate, regional fan base.
- Support Community Relations, Broadcast, Game Presentation, and Business Development in the promotion of key initiatives and in working to develop sponsor opportunities, events, and additional ways to engage the fanbase.
- Provide direction to Creative Services on what the look and feel of the brands should be while also requesting creative material that delivers against campaign KPIs.
- Continuous evaluation and improvement of our project workflow, process and tools.
- Propose new ways to leverage technology to deliver a better fan experience.
- Work with Hospitality Team and Hospitality Marketing Manager to drive traffic to the restaurants within the Pegula Sports & Entertainment portfolio.
- Support NHL league initiatives as they are planned and review league-provided research to capitalize on best practices.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Business or related field required.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Marketing or related experience with at least 4 years experience managing a team of direct reports.
- Knowledge of Marketing best practices and emerging trends.
- Proactive thinker who is always looking for ways to evolve and elevate the brand.
- Strong understanding of consumer behaviors as it relates to brand affinity and purchase behavior.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent independent time management skills.
- Experience working across teams internally and with external vendors or clients.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and provide solutions to problems.
- Ability to plan both short and long term.
- Ability to budget projects and determine ROI.
- Ability to seamlessly move between projects and continue to progress them forward.
- Must be able to work variable hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Previous sport experience preferred but not required
- MBA preferred but not required
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.