At CVS Health, we’re reinventing our front store to be the front door to healthcare. For millions of Americans, that journey begins with one of our 9,700+ retail stores, and we want to help each of our customers take the right first or next step in his or her healthcare journey. To help us achieve this goal we are looking for innovative marketing leaders who think big and push boundaries to drive results, for the consumer, and for the business.
As the Director, Experiential Marketing Strategy, you and your team will play a critical role as we create new and exciting store formats and specialized experiences within some of our retail stores. Specifically, you will lead a Marketing Strategy team that collaborates with other cross-functional teams to bring unique shopping experiences to life, such as our Health Hubs, Beauty in Real Life stores, yMas formats, and more.
You will be responsible for creating an inspiring shopper journey for our customers, both in-store and online for these unique retail experiences. In partnership with the Insights team, you will be accountable for unlocking customer insights to about how shopper behavior is changing and leveraging those insights to develop hypothesis – continually learning and optimizing the shopper experience. This role is critical in representing the consumer and helping her make confident choices in these new and exciting store experiences, through signage, digital tools, and more.
Additionally, you will build and develop a team responsible for building a data driven Marketing communications strategy, ensuring execution, and optimization to communicate with consumers and drive them into these specialty experiences, and keep them coming back. Through structured tests, you will explore opportunities to increasingly motivate shoppers to visit our stores.
Primary Role and Responsibility:
Develop exceptional retail experiences
• Identify the target consumer groups, grounded in data, whom should be the target consumers for specialty format retail environments
• Leveraging insights from a variety of internal and external data sources, outline key shopper journeys for these experiences, particularly outlining the decision making points and pain points that our retail experience design needs to consider
• Drive the creative brief process, in partnership with Merchant and Creative designs, to ensure we design experiences that optimize consumer decision making and revenue
• Manage cross-functional teams to deliver experience strategy on time and on budget
• Once experiences are in a prototype phase or live environment, continually understand consumer NPS, barriers to trial and barriers to retention to outline optimization plans
Marketing Strategy and execution that drives results
• Build Marketing strategies, routed in data, that are designed to get the consumer into tailored retail experiences and get them moving more of their retail trips to these store
• Outline the most ROI positive way to engage consumers
• Once strategies are developed, ensure they can be operationalized and scaled, with flawless execution
• Partners with other Marketing teams to integrate, where it makes sense, with other communication in market, versioned for these unique retail experiences
• Manage cross-functional teams to deliver marketing campaigns on time and on budget
• Lead Center of Excellence to deliver best-in-class Experiential Customer Engagement in our stores and local communities.
• Mentors team to articulate roles and responsibilities, sets accountability and provides feedback on performance.
• Aligns with business partners and customer analytics on KPIs. Partners with Customer Analytics to establish program measurement plans and reporting.
Partner and Inspire Cross-functionally
• Core cross-functional relationships to build and establish include Merchandising, Store Design, Construction Creative, Analytics.
• A clear, effective, and collaborative communication style is critical to success.
• A can do attitude and a passion for removing barriers is key, as many of the specialized retail format projects run on fast timelines and are subject to change as we go.
• 8+ years of marketing experience with a strong foundation of business, retailer, and consumer understanding.
• 6+ years cross-functional leadership experience.
• 4+ years of retail marketing, CPG, or retail agency/strategy experience – brick and mortar retail experience strongly preferred.
• 50% travel Required
• Proven track record of the ability to work collaboratively with internal and external business partners in delivery ROI positive results.
• Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
• Intellectual curiosity and rigorous analytical experience; strong familiarity with the in-store retail environment
• Strong knowledge of the best use of digital technology to resolve brick and mortar shopping pain points for the consumer
• Self-motivated, high capacity individual who can win in a demanding, performance-driven environment.
• Excellent communication skills that can be effectively articulated in both written and oral forms across a diverse audience base.
• Creative problem solver who can incorporate new learnings and act decisively, knowing when to involve leadership and when to move the ball forward
• Deep appreciation of end-to-end consumer shopping experience
• Proficient use of financial metrics/ratios to evaluate business cases and develop actionable insights
• Proven ability to inspire, collaborate with, and influence business partners
• Proven track record of growing and developing a high performing team
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or related field required.
• MBA preferred
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit jobs.cvshealth.com.