Morningstar brings inspired problem solvers together with one goal in mind—to help investors reach their financial goals. At our core, we’re one of the world’s top investment research and data companies. But where we set ourselves apart is how we use that data and research to serve a diverse range of users. Our investment data and research enable us to deliver analytics and insights with a purely independent view, and then we leverage the latest in technology and design to deliver an array of solutions that best meet our users’ needs. This foundation of research, data, technology and design uniquely positions us to provide a more complete set of services to investors all around the world—ultimately helping people make better decisions about their money, or the money they manage for millions of people all over the world.
The Morningstar design team is dedicated to creating thoughtfully-designed financial products and services so that people across the world can make the best investing decisions for themselves and their clients. We synthesize complex financial information into experiences that empower our users to deliver better outcomes. We do this by not only creating the look and feel of a product, but also driving product direction: prioritizing the biggest opportunities to support our users and the business, while maintaining a strong sense of product ownership and its resulting success. The design organization is made up of several disciplines—visual, UX, communications, content, and research—united to help each other, and the whole company, grow. We’re always seeking designers who are motivated, are driven to deliver user-centered outcomes, and are equally committed to craft and compassion.
Morningstar is looking for a Communications Designer for our Marketing group, specifically focused on supporting brand and research-driven campaigns that drive brand engagement and advocacy. You’ll be helping us promote our thought leadership and IP into compelling campaigns utilizing digital, print, and video-based media. Communication Designers at Morningstar collaborate with other designers, our brand team, product marketing teams, and our tech and business partners to develop impactful programs and campaigns that support customer engagement and sales interactions.
This position is based in our Chicago office.
You’ll be great at:
• Conducting conceptual explorations that establish creative direction and drive thoughtful design solutions, while also ensuring the successful implementation of concepts in real-world application in consideration of production constraints and techniques
• Making informed design decisions around typography, composition, color, and other visual elements that support a delightful, engaging experience, while reinforcing the Morningstar brand
• Solving challenging information and communication design problems and being able to present multiple concepts for consideration, with sound rationale
• Understanding current trends in digital design and bringing fresh thinking to your solutions
• Creating high-fidelity prototypes and other artifacts that communicate design direction and executional considerations
• Conducting creative workshops and user testing, and participating in market research activities that help inform the direction of marketing initiatives and campaigns
We’re looking for someone who’s:
• Highly skilled in both visual and conceptual design, with a strong understanding of typography, color, illustration, and photography
• Able to execute design solutions through all mediums with an emphasis on digital experience design and multimedia
• Able to master complex information, and can translate that information in a way that drives effective story-telling
• Can take projects from start to finish, owning the creative concepting and production execution
• Deeply collaborative and can bring the right players together to solve creative problems
• A curious self-starter who isn’t afraid of ambiguity, or constraints
• Open to feedback and knows how to defend design decisions
• Continuously striving for better ways of communicating, coaching, and learning
• Comfortable with a fast-paced work environment
• Able to bring energy to a team and keep things positive
• Bachelor’s degree
• 3–5 years of experience designing for brand and marketing communications
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or equivalent experience/training in the graphic arts.
• Strong knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and Mac OS X
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS
How to apply:
Include a link to your online portfolio or attach pdf samples along with your resume.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.