- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in brand and/or product marketing.
- 2 years of experience in the gaming industry.
- Experience translating user insights into strategies and effective marketing campaigns, programs, and activations.
- Experience managing a marketing agency partners and developing creative work.
- Experience in consumer technology marketing within multinational organizations or creative agencies. Experience working with partners to create effective co-marketing campaigns.
- Ability to develop excellent marketing, expanding the limits of technology to tell stories and bring innovative product experiences to life. Ability to work and drive consensus in cross-regional and cross-functional teams delivering effective teamwork.
- Understanding of the Google brand and voice.
- Excellent creative judgment and attention to detail and passion for inspiring storytelling.
About the job
Whether you’re on a consumer product (like Gmail, Search, Maps, Chrome, Android) or a business product (Google Ads, AdSense, Google Marketing Platform, Analytics), you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead every facet of the product’s journey. From determining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, feature prioritization and external communications, you help shape the voice of the product and help it grow a consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across Sales, corporate communications, legal, webmasters, product development, engineering and more. In this role, you’ll be involved with product marketing strategy from beginning to end.
As a Brand Marketing Manager with the Play Brand team, you will help us build the Google Play brand while contributing creativity and excellent strategic and communication skills. In this role, you’ll work with a range of internal stakeholders across Product Marketing, Social, PR, UX, and other teams, as well as external partners such as game developers and agencies, to develop creative strategies and execute high-impact brand initiatives and campaigns. Your scope will be global but you will work with key Google Play markets teams (i.e., US, Japan, Korea, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa). Additionally, you will need to balance creative excellence with high efficiency and action, effectively work through complexity, and understand the different dynamics of Google Play ecosystem.
Know the user. Know the magic. Connect the two. At its core, marketing at Google starts with technology and ends with the user, bringing both together in unconventional ways. Our job is to demonstrate how Google’s products solve the world’s problems–from the everyday to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental. And we approach marketing in a way that only Google can–changing the game, redefining the medium, making the user the priority, and ultimately, letting the technology speak for itself.
- Build and grow awareness of the Google Play brand by developing and activating key brand partnership campaigns and activations, from strategic positioning to creative development and execution.
- Lead cross-functional working teams across Marketing, PR, Social, Product, and executive stakeholders to develop and execute integrated brand campaigns across the business.
- Help lead end-to-end global marketing projects, including planning, creative development, execution, budget management, and measurement.
- Act as the advocate of the Google Play Brand at a global level, making sure that Google Play’s core value proposition and brand identity is being represented accurately at a regional and local level.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.