We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin’, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world’s leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Marketing team at Atlantic Records.
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing Department is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts, internally and with outside parties, on all projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will provide administrative and marketing support for two (2) Vice Presidents of Marketing.
Here you’ll get to:
- Maintain Product Manager’s calendars and schedules.
- Take and roll calls for Product Manager(s).
- Organize travel for Product Manager(s).
- Organize and submit monthly expense reports (T&E) and monitor approval status of the reports to ensure prompt payment.
- Maintain, organize, and distribute all artists’ assets (including, but not limited to artwork, video assets, music, etc.).
- Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, and one-sheets weekly.
- Design images and graphics for artist proposals, reports, and one-sheets.
- Write copy for promotional tools, internal communications, and other marketing materials, including, but not limited to artist one-sheets, email blasts, posters, stickers, etc.
- Write and distribute marketing highlights for internal and external partners.
- Schedule all artist music and video releases with internal production team.
- Communicate production changes made with internal teams and external artist management teams.
- Organize, take notes during marketing and promotional meetings for Product Manager(s). Notes timely distributed to all relevant parties after each meeting.
- Run Soundscan, Spotify For Artists, Mediabase, and other essential reports for internal and external distribution. Recipients may include respective managers, agents, and outside partners for each project.
- Interview, hire, and manage interns every semester. Train interns in all aspects of the marketing department, Atlantic Records, and WMG at large.
- Maintain relationships with outside vendors including managing prompt invoicing and payments.
- Order, manage, and maintain quantities of artist promotional vinyl / CDs as well as office supply inventories.
- Book artist travel and arrange for meals during promotional days, internal meetings, shoots, etc.
- Monitor artist online activities.
- Coordinate multiple artist projects and activities with other internal departments.
- Research and study new consumer trends.
- Manage and support artist events with outside vendors and venues.
- Coordinate with the art department and production to design tools such as posters, stickers, cover art, digital assets, and ads.
- Liaise with outside marketing and street team companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers, and music.
- Gather assets and book advertising campaigns – TV and Radio spots, print ads, snipes, etc.
- Attend events and shows to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, management firms, and other entertainment companies.
- Develop new marketing strategies and ideas with Product Managers and respective departments.
Rockstar candidates have:
- Passion for the music industry – specifically, pop and rock.
- Photoshop and PowerPoint experience.
- Interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working on teams.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Time management skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Research skills.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Tech savvy – Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and all social media platforms.
- Experience with compiling data and discerning most relevant or important data.
- At least one year of music experience.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company’s DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.