Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, our Digital team has transformed the beauty retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, Sephora is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a “Genius” designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (six years in a row), we’ll continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on our team.
Your role at Sephora:
As an Assistant Manager, SEO, you will help drive day-to-day and long term content strategy for Sephora’s natural search program. Reporting to the Senior Manager of SEO, you will be part of a high performing Media center of excellence, partnering with your peers who run Paid Search, Social, Site Experience and Product Management. In addition, you will:
- Write on-page optimization elements (URLs, title tags, meta descriptions)
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Community, Brand Marketing, Paid Media, Editorial, Social, Merchandising, Site Experience, PR and Production to write client-facing content optimizations and implement SEO content strategies
- Be the Project lead for Campaigns and Content with the ability to derive an SEO strategy based on keyword research and competitive gap analysis
- Advise Campaigns and Content teams on topics to pursue for long-term organic visibility
- Create, manage and lead SEO content experiments with the media team
- Conduct keyword research and recommend keyword-to-page mappings
- Own search landing page QA process to improve page assortment and bounce rate
- Optimize content site architecture, internal links and URLs to maximize organic search traffic
- Prepare detailed SEO content strategy reports to key stakeholder
- Execute on Sephora’s SEO strategy and be accountable for meeting Natural Search revenue targets
- Audit Sephora.com and m.sephora.com for opportunities to improve our content SEO, collaborating with Product Management to identify and prioritize IT projects, owning projects from conception to launch
- Ensure projects are executed and delivered on time in accordance with industry best practices
- Stay abreast of industry trends and keep internal team informed of risks and opportunities that will impact the SEO program
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative
We’re excited about you if you have:
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in SEO particularly in editing and writing content
- eCommerce experience highly preferred
- Enterprise SEO experience preferred, but not required
- Paid Search experience is a plus, but not required
- Working knowledge of on-page SEO, technical SEO and search engine ranking factors
- Working knowledge of Local SEO and best practices
- Strong content writing and editing skills, particularly for SEO implementation
- Strong analytical skills with interest in measuring the effectiveness of content and in making data-informed improvements
- High level of initiative and proven ability to work independently on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Personal commitment to putting the customer first, prioritizing user experience above search engines while adhering to Google Webmaster Guidelines
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Experience using an enterprise-level SEO platform (BrightEdge, Searchmetrics et. al.) preferred
- Familiarity with industry tools such as Google Ads, Google Search Console, Botify, DeepCrawl, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, SEMRush, Moz, Majestic SEO/Open Site Explorer, etc.
- Experience with Omniture, Google Analytics and Search Ads 360
- Experience with Cross Channel and Content SEO testing
- Experience in Growth Content Marketing
- Experience working with CMS platforms
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands – including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora’s curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world’s premier digital beauty destination.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.glassdoor.com.